The Matthew Micallef St.John. Athletics Stadium athletics surrounds a turf area used for field events. The stadium seats 2,500 people and is the national athletics venue of Malt
The Matthew Micallef St. John Athletics Stadium is located in Marsa, in a centrally and easily-accessible location of the island. This sporting complex has played host to many international events over the years including the European Team Championships and the Championships of the Small States of Europe.
The stadium is underwent major infrastructural and refurbishment works to accommodate the World Special Olympic Games in May 2022 and the Games of the Small States of Europe in June 2023.
The Stadium comprises:
- World Athletics certified Class 1, 400m 8 lane Conipur MX+ track • 140m straight warm up area.
- 5 long jump pits, pole vault and High jump pits as well as all throwing facilities.
- Photo finish installations and all supporting training equipment
- Seating capacity of up to 3000 spectators.
- Onsite gym / weights room
- Medical – Doping Control Room & Physiotherapy Room
- In-house offices and conference rooms
- Amenities – changing rooms, bathrooms and showers